Friday, October 16, 2009

Discrimination?

When I first started this blog, I wrote an entry regarding being a male nurse and some of the "stuff" that goes along with it. I also wrote that I had not experienced for myself any of those things. In the meantime, I've talked to a number of graduates of the school I am attending, and most of them (women included) say that it is full of "men-haters" (their words, not mine). At first I was inclined to pass it off as just people talking, but the longer I'm there, the more I see it. Instructors that barely recognize I exist, much less have any respect for me. RN's in the clinical setting that OBVIOUSLY have no use for men in general, much less as nurses. (Labor & delivery) It makes me wonder about the wisdom in choosing to try and make it in this most noble and compassionate of professions. I've seen that female RN's are (only some are, the majority aren't) catty, backstabbers, and would take any opportunity to make your life miserable. I will continue my quest nonetheless. There is little I can do for those who choose to cause suffering instead of relieving it, and only control my reactions and what I do. I continue to pray for those people that they may see the effect they have, and that they find it in them to stop. Me, I'll keep trying to make this work out.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment